Friday 13 January 2012

A Real Rock Star

You see, if I was a guy, and I was sitting here with a cigarette in my hand, grabbing my crotch and talking about how I make music because I love fast cars and fucking girls… you’d call me a rock star. But, when I do it in my music and in my videos, because I’m a female, and I make pop music, you are judgemental and you say that it is… uh, distracting. I’m just a rock star.

Are you also a feminist?

I’m not a feminist, I hail men! I love men; I celebrate American male culture, and beer and bars and muscle cars... but that’s not what you asked me. You asked me if my music is distracted by my sexuality, and it’s not.
One of my idols, after being asked the question "Are you worried that the sexual references in your videos will undermine your music?"

Let me just... marinate in this little piece of interview for a second.

Young women of our generation need more females like this to look up to. A Lady who celebrates feminine sexuality, without oppressing men, or other women, or... anyone for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment